CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Monday, September 15, 2008

Oak Point Resort Roughs


I chose to redesign Oak Point Resort's logo. This resort, along with most other resorts in northern Minnesota, is a casual family oriented fishing resort located on the lake in the woods. I still wanted to use the visual of the oak leaf and possibly a few acorns. The color choice is based on colors found in nature (duh green!) and the typefaces were organic (Herculanum) and matching the shape and style of the leaf, otherwise a classic serif font (Baskerville). After discussing these roughs, the look and overall feel was too classy and looked more like a logo for a high end golf course than a family fishing resort. I want to try a distressed look and experiment with more colors and possibly some images. So here's what I have so far!

1 comments:

Angela Wang said...

Great design goals – I'm glad you caught the logo before it became too high class or elitist looking! Post some pics of the final design so we can see how it turned out!